Smart Roaming Sim, Cell Phone
Smart Telecom has a partnered with cell phone networks all over the world to allow you to make calls while you are outside of the Philippines using your Smart SIM. This service is called Smart Roaming. There are steps necessary to activate a SIM so that it will work when you leave the Philippines. The reason that most Filipinos abroad use this service is that all incoming text messages from the Philippines are free. This is a great way to stay connected with friends and family in the Philippines.
Activating your Smart SIM for Roaming Internationally
Both the Smart Buddy and Smart Talk N Text SIM cards are capable of being activated for roaming. Here are instructions for activating your Smart SIM for roaming.
Activate Roaming Via SMS
- Type ROAM ON / OFF and send it to 333.
Activate Roaming Via SIM Connect
- On your Cell phone, go to the Smart Menu
- Choose SIM Connect from the menu
- Choose Roam to activate and deactivate your international roaming service
Activate Roaming Via Web Connect
- Visit the Smart Connect website at http://smart.com.ph/connect/
- Login your user ID (your cellphone number) and password. If you are not a member yet, you can register and sign up easily with your cellphone number.
- Select International Roaming activation/deactivation
*Minimum Balance required to activate is P100.00
**The international text roaming allows subscribers to send and receive SMS messages and SMS VAS but disabling their voice features. Original subscriber profile shall only be restored upon feature deactivation.
Reactivating a Smart SIM for Roaming
If you use up all the load on your Smart SIM card it will be automatically deactivated for roaming. Here are instructions for reactivating your Smart SIM for roaming.
- Add load to your SIM to satisfy the minimum requirement of P100.
- Contact Smart Customer service, (632) 888-1111 or How to contact Smart customer service.
- Supple the customer service agent with your Smart phone number and request that it be reactivated for roaming.
Smart Prepaid Roaming Rates
The best thing about roaming with Smart is that you get all incoming text messages for free. Many Filipinos abroad have a Smart phone that they use just for receiving text messages from the Philippines. Its free when they receive a message and then they can use a service such as Chikka to reply back for free or at a very cheap rate per text.
|Outgoing Prepaid SMS Roaming||P20.00 per message|
|Incoming Prepaid SMS Roaming||FREE|